First Look: Christopher J. Hanke Takes Over for Michael Urie
By Jerry Portwood
Michael Urie has had an extraordinary run so far in playwright Jonathan Tolins's one-man show Buyer & Cellar, in which he plays Alex More, a struggling actor who takes an unusual job working for Barbra Stresiand. Even James Franco showed up and raved in a review. But now the actor is preparing to embark on a national tour—leaving actor boyfriend Ryan Spahn back home to care for their dog while he's on the road. Today, the show's producers announced that fresh-faced Christopher J. Hanke, who played Bud Frump in the 2011 Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, will begin performances in the role on March 18 (although understudy Clancy O'Connor got a brief shot and got great attention and reviews).
Urie begins his national tour in Chicago at the Broadway Playhouse (May 6-June15), followed by D.C.'s Harmon Center for the Arts (June 20-29), L.A.'s Mark Taper Forum (July 9-Aug. 17), and ending at Toronto's Panasonic Theatre (Nov. 12-30).
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale