Soon-To-Be RuPaul Star Sends A Song To Russia
By Jesse Steinbach
Courtney Act — Australian drag celebrity and the "most beautiful man in the world," according to Twitter — encourages the world to send their hearts to Russia. Before she battles it out on the Season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race (premiering Monday, February 24 on Logo), Act has released the single, "To Russia With Love," accompanied by a music video. Of course.
Though the video veers away from political finger pointing (...at Putin, duhz), it depicts a love that manages to shine in the middle of the Prime Minister's imposed darkness.
“Russia is a very different place than what we in the west are familiar with," said Act. "We cannot apply our own values and judgments to the country. We need to have greater compassion and understanding and recognize that our similarities are greater than our differences.”
Check it below:
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend