1. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter for their “In Conversation” series, Benedict Cumberbatch talked about his “weird face”—his words, not ours. “It’s the blessing of having a weird face — somewhere between an otter and something people find vaguely attractive,” said the Sherlock star. “Or just an otter, which is vaguely attractive.” Check out the rest of the interview below:
2. It turns out that Rosie O’Donnell wanted to come out in 1992, but Cosmopolitan wouldn’t let her. Shewired reports that back in ’92 a Cosmo reporter asked if she was gay and O’Donnell said, “Yes.” That part of the interview never ran. O’Donnell thinks legendary Cosmopolitan Editor-in-Chief Hlen Gurley Brown was “protecting” her.
3. Chelsea Clinton gave an inspiring speech at the HRC’s Time to Thrive conference yesterday. At the conference, the same one in which actress Ellen Page came out, Clinton broached the subject of LGBT bullying. She stated that thought the LGBT community had made great progress in 2013, “changing laws and changing the political dialogue, while necessary, is insufficient to ensure that bullying stops.” Watch Ms. Clinton’s speech below:
4. According to The Atlantic Wire, 86% of the 51 NFL players that ESPN interviewed said that a player’s sexual orientation would not matter to them. Over 75% of players said they would shower around a gay player. This contradicts Sports Illustrated’s article, in which the magazine interviewed NFL executives and coaches, that came to the conclusion that a gay player—specifically Michael Sam—would have his prospects hurt by coming out.
5. For all of you 8 and 16-bit gaming fans, here’s the lyric video for Lily Allen’s “L8 CMMR.” Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to call my mother and ask to have my old Gameboy Color sent up.
6. ICYMI, Angel Haze has released her video for “Battle Cry.” The track, a collaboration with Sia, comes off of her debut LP Dirty Gold. In the video, Haze battles with her demons, including sexual abuse and self-harm. Check out the video below, but be warned it’s rather graphic.