Jim Parsons to Host Saturday Night Live
1. Jim Parsons will host Saturday Night Live March 1. According to Vulture, the musical guest will be Beck, because why not? The Out100 cover star, named Entertainer of the Year in 2013 by us, also revealed that his ultimate dream was to play a Muppet in a Muppet Movie. Could that be somewhere in his near future?
2. Pharrell Williams has partnered with Dutch denim label G-Star to make a line of eco-friendly jeans. Called “Raw for the Ocean,” the jeans will be made of environmentally sustainable eco-fabric made from plastic garbage taken from the ocean. A company called Bionic Yarn will collect the plastic waste and turn it into recycled fibers that will be mixed with yarn, wool, or other natural blends. The Raw for Oceans collection will be available online and in some G-Star Raw stories starting August 15.
3. Drake has lashed out at Rolling Stone for running a cover of Philip Seymour Hoffman instead of him. According to TMZ, Drake tweeted “They also took my cover from me last minute and ran the issue.” A few minutes later, he tweeted, “RIP to Philip Seymour Hoffman. All respect due. But the press is evil.” Rolling Stone claims that they warned Drake’s people about the cover change last Friday.
5. The oldest crown in existence is on display in New York and it is everything! The 6,000-year-old blackened metal ring, which is topped doors and freaking vultures, looks like something out of Game of Thrones and I want it more than I have ever wanted any single accessory in my entire life! It’s part of the “Masters of Fire: Copper Age Art from Israel” exhibit at the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World at New York University, which starts today and continues through June 8.
6. When my brother and I left the nest, my parents took up kayaking with limited success. In The Love Punch, an upcoming film with Emma Thompson and Pierce Brosnan, the old married couple takes up jewel theft. Check out the trailer below.