Pharrell Voted ‘Hat Person Of The Year’
1. According to a press release from The Headwear Association, which is a real thing, we checked, Pharrell Williams has been voted “Hat Person of the Year.” THA had an online pole on the matter and Pharrell got 25% of the vote, narrowly beating out Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars, who each got 24%. In other news, Out.com blogger Alex Panisch has once again been snubbed by The Headwear Association, despite finding new and innovative ways to incorporate a jaunty beret into a variety of looks.
2. CVS, the largest drugstore chain in the US, announced today that it will cease to sell tobacco products starting this October.
3. Happy Fashion Week! To celebrate, here’s The Cut’s list of Anna Wintour GIFs, because she’s the most powerful woman in fashion and we’ve all stood in front of a full length mirror, put on our biggest sunglasses, and pretended to be her.
4. Even though we’d be totally fine if he pursued a career in underwear modeling, David Beckham says that he’s returning to soccer. Beckham announced today that he wants to establish a Major League Soccer team in Miami.
5. Rumors are circulating that Britney Spears and Lady Gaga are planning on doing a duet. An unnamed source told US Weekly, “It’ll happen soon.” Gaga went to Brit’s show in Las Vegas this passed Saturday. Gaga was a VIP and hung out Spears in her dressing room after the show.
6. Pussy Riot went on the Colbert Report and were totally bad ass. Watch the clip below: