Scotland Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage
By Alex Panisch
1. In a 105-18 vote, the Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Bill passed in the Scottish Parliament today. Scotland is now the 17th country in the world to allow same-sex marriage. The Advocate reports that wedding ceremonies may start as soon as this coming fall.
2. Vice UK investigated Voga, an exercise trend that combines yoga and vogueing. They were not amused.
3. German deer still think the Cold War is going on. According to The Atlantic, the deer won’t pass over the boarder between Germany and the Czech Republic. Scientists chalk this up to behavior learned during the Cold War, when that border was between West Germany and Czechoslovakia and heavily fortified.
4. Joan Collins has the secret to marital bliss: “Sex, sex, sex.” [h/t Dlisted]
5. A filmmaker has already crowdsourced over $11K to make a Sherlock slash fiction web series. Titled “A Finger Slip,” the homoerotic series is set to debut in October. In other news, I’m questioning my faith in humanity.
6. George Michael has just released his video for “Let Her Down Easy,” a single off his upcoming album Symphonica. Check out the video below: