Olympic Athletes Urge Russia To Repeal Anti-Gay Laws
By Alex Panisch
1. With the Sochi 2014 games right around the corner and criticism of the games, its corporate sponsors, and the Kremlin mounting, 52 Olympic athletes have now voiced their criticism of Russia's anti-gay laws. According to The Guardian, over fifty former Olympians and athletes competing in this year’s games have signed the “principal six” campaign—named for the nondiscrimination clause in the Olympic charter. Robbie Rogers, Andy Roddick, and Martina Navratilova are some of those who’ve signed.
2. Remember when that eccentric Hong Kong tycoon offered $120mil to any man who would marry his lesbian daughter? Turns out that’s now off the table. Gigi Chao, daughter of Hong Kong real-estate developer Cecil Chao, published a letter to her father in The South China Morning Post and asked her father to accept that she’s a lesbian. According to CNN Cecil’s nixed the offer, saying "If Gigi's said that this is what she chooses, then it's all over."
3. Though the Amanda Knox trial is far from the trial of the century, it’s looking increasingly like it’ll go on for a century. An Italian court has found Knox guilty…again.
4. Barneys’ new spring campaign features 17 transgender models. Titled “Brothers, Sisters, Sons & Daughters,” the campaign was shot by renown photographer, Bruce Webber. It’s simply stunning. Jezebel has the photos.
5. Punk rock group, Against Me! tore it up on Letterman last night. The Gainesville-formed group, fronted by transwoman Laura Jane Grace played “FUCKMYLIFE666” and it was incredible
6. Lady Gaga and the Osbournes have buried the hatchet. Glad that feud’s over, it was veering toward Hatfield and McCoy territory. She told Sharon and Ozzy that she is “a really huge fan” and that she used to strip to Black Sabbath. So there’s your life lesson: if you really appreciate something, you should incorporate it into a strip tease.