Bright Light Bright Light Takes on Pet Shop Boys' "West End Girls"
By Stacy Lambe
Welsh singer Rod Thomas—aka Bright Light Bright Light (or BLX2 as we're going to start referring to him)—takes on the Pet Shop Boys classic, "West End Girls," for the Hetrick-Martin Institute, an organization that provides social services, education and counseling to LGBTQ youth. The singer is joined by Ana Matronic, the (other) lead singer from Scissor Sisters. Matronic takes the lead on vocals while Thomas carries the chorus on a fairly faithful interpretation of the song.
We have no complaints about this cover mainly because we love a reason to listen to the Pet Shop Boys on repeat once again.
The track is free to download on Soundcloud.
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection