Get Ready For More Wonder Woman
By Out.com Editors
It was big news when Warner Bros. revealed that Israeli actress Gal Gadot had lassoed the role of Wonder Woman and would be making an appearance in the studio’s upcoming Man of Steel sequel alongside Ben Affleck’s Batman. Nevertheless, many questioned the studio’s decision to reduce the Amazing Amazon’s big-screen debut to a guest appearance in another character’s film rather than present most popular female superhero — and gay icon — in a feature film of her own.
Now it seems Wonder Woman’s Hollywood adventures have only just begun.
According to Variety, Gadot has signed a three-picture deal to play the superhero, including not only her appearance in the Superman sequel and a future Justice League film, but a Wonder Woman solo movie as well. Additional details concerning Gadot’s deal were revealed on an Israeli entertainment show, which reported that the actress will only earn $300,000 per film.
Though Gadot received some criticism that she is “too thin” to portray Wonder Woman after the initial announcement she had landed the role, the actress quickly fired back. "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world,” she said. “Breasts ... anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go 'by the book' ... it’d be problematic."
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- James Franco's Hardcore Interior. Leather Bar Hits Cinemas