Girls GIF-cap: Truth Bombs By Shoshanna
By Stacy Lambe
In the third episode of Girls, Hannah celebrated her 25th birthday. The party, thrown by Marnie, was a collection of all the bit characters (Tako with a K, Laird, John Cameron Mitchell) that Hannah has encountered over the previous two seasons. While Marnie used the party to fill the void of loneliness and inflate her self-importance, Shosh took the time to deliver birthday gifts in the form of truth bombs.
Whether intentional or not (likely the latter), Shosh gave the girls some serious food for thought.
What have they done? Hannah has managed to retreat back to dehabilitating OCD habits after several failed attempts to write a book. Marnie has been fired, dumped, and trapped in some guy's art project. Jessa has gotten divorced and gone to rehab without any inclination of self-doubt.
Later, after Marnie makes another big deal about her supposedly viral (yet totally embarrassing) music video, Shosh dives into the comment section.
And offers another truth bomb.
Life's so hard for Marnie.
But she doesn't have time for haters.
Right, Marnie. Neither do we...
But Shosh was not without some truth of her own. A heartbroken Ray couldn't bare the thought of being friends with Shosh and essentially cut her out of his life.
Lena, quit stalling on these two and find a way to bring them back together.
[Previously: Sex and Road Trips with Shoshanna]
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'