IOC Member To US: Don’t Send Lesbians To Russia
By Alex Panisch
1. A senior member of the of the International Olympic Committee has criticized the United States for “send[ing] four lesbians to Russia.” According to the Associated Press, Mario Pescante, a senior Italian IOC member, said, "It's absurd that a country like that sends four lesbians to Russia just to demonstrate that in their country gay rights have (been established)," during an Italian Olympic Committee meeting in Milan on Wednesday. “The games should not be an occasion and a stage to promote rights that sports supports daily." Pescante is referring to the delegation, which includes tennis legend Billie Jean King and figure skater Brian Boitano, that President Obama is sending to the opening ceremony.
2. Despite the fact that it could land them in jail, Chinese women love reading and writing Sherlock slash fiction.
3. For today’s edition of “Things That Nobody Wanted Nor Asked For,” a Milli Vanilli Opera is happening because why not?
4. X-Files and The Fall star Gillian Anderson is going to be a sci-fi author. Anderson will be co-writing the EarthEnd Saga with best-selling author Jeff Rovin. The first novel, A Vision of Fire, will be published in October through Simon and Schuster’s new imprint Simon451.
5. According to Vulture, the next season of AHS will be set in the 1950s and Jessica Lange’s character will have a German accident. Sold!
6. The video for John Grant’s “Glacier,” a track off his sophomore album Pale Green Ghosts is a stunning collage of gay history. Watch check it out below: