Janelle Monae On Sesame Street
By Alex Panisch
“Tightrope” and “Cold War” singer Janelle Monae filmed a guest appearance on Sesame Street and Billboard has the behind the scenes footage. Monae sang an original song called “The Power of Yet” with Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and the rest of the muppets.
“The Power of Yet,” espouses the importance of perseverance and not giving up. "I am so excited to be living one of my dreams, to be here on Sesame Street,” says the Grammy nominated R&B artist. “I'm here because I am teaching everybody on Sesame Street the importance and the power of 'yet.’ Never, ever, ever give up because there's so much power in 'yet.'"
Monae’s been nominated for the Brit award for International Female Solo Artist. Check out the video below:
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend