Beyoncé Apologizes To NASA
By Alex Panisch
1. Beyoncé apologized to NASA for sampling audio from the 1986 Challenger space shuttle disaster on her track “XO.” According to The Hollywood Reporter, former astronauts and NASA employees as well as their families have called Beyoncé “insensitive” for sampling the six-second clip of a NASA official describing the disaster, which killed all seven astronauts on board, at the beginning of the song. Beyoncé apologized in a statement to ABC News.
2. New Year’s resolution: be a Boss Ass Bitch. Check out Nicki Minaj’s remix to PTAF’s “Boss Ass Bitch” and get ready to run the world in 2014.
3. Every New Year’s Eve Kathy Griffin gets Anderson Cooper all flustered with her shenanigans and ridiculousness—and this year will be no different. Check out what she’s threatening to wear on air. Hint: it’s nothing.
4. The New Republic thinks it knows why there is such a strong backlash against Utah’s gay marriage ban getting overturned. It’s the old gay recruitment bogeyman again. They have a study that says that many Mormons think that gays recruit more gays the same way Mormons recruit more Mormons. There's an SNL sketch in there somewhere.
6. In case you missed it, here’s some of this year’s best tracks mashed up for your pleasure. Happy New Year!