Jesse Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks’ Bus Driver
By Alex Panisch
1. Jesse Jackson told ABC News that the statements that got Duck Dynasty Star Phil Robertson suspended from the show are “more offensive” than Rosa Parks’ bus driver. In a statement he gave ABC, Jackson writes: “These statements uttered by Robertson are more offensive than the bus driver in Montgomery, Alabama, more than 59 years ago. At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law. Robertson’s statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was ‘white privilege.’”
2. Recently out Olympic diver Tom Daley had a very gay Christmas this year. Dustin Lance Black’s new bf got a whole bunch of rainbow colored gifts this year. You can find the whole list on his Instagram.
3. David Bowie delivered a Christmas message on the BBC as Elvis this morning. Bowie’s holiday greeting, performed spot-on in The King’s southern drawl, was broadcast on Radio 6. You can listen to the clip on the NME.
4. Vogue Editor in Chief and Condé Nast HBIC, Anna Wintour decided that Christmas trees were out this season. Yesterday—which, in case you forgot, was Christmas Day—Bee Shaffer, Ms. Wintour’s daughter posted a photo on Instagram with the caption “My mom threw out our tree before Christmas Day because ‘it was too messy.’” They didn’t call her Nuclear Wintour for nothing. [h/t Jezebel]
5. Utah County has begun issuing marriage licenses for same-sex couples.
6. Miley pretend diddles herself in her “Adore You” video. That is all.