Quote of the Day: Toni Braxton Wants to Play a Lesbian on Orange Is The New Black
By Stacy Lambe
It's been awhile since we last heard from Toni Braxton. Yet, she certainly knows how to make headlines. In a recent interview with The Grio, she explained that she has her eyes set on acting again.
"I'm hoping to be on Orange Is the New Black,” Braxton said. “That’s my favorite show. I’m hoping… we’ll see. I told you I wanted to be a lesbian… I still want that."
The comments followed a previous interview with the publication during which she expressed wanting to portray a lesbian on screen.
"I would like to play a lesbian," she revealed back in February. "I don’t know why. And do a whole make-out scene and the whole thing: just something completely different than people would expect from me. Not a lipstick lesbian, either."
However, it may be awhile before we get the opportunity to see Braxton butch it up. She's currently promoting her new album with Babyface, Love, Marriage & Divorce, which comes out on February 4th of next year. In the meantime, the two released a version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," just in time for the holidays.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki