France Charges Bob Dylan With Hate Crime
By Alex Panisch
1. France charged Bob Dylan with a hate crime. The charge is in response to coments he made about Croatians during an interview with the French version of Rolling Stone. In the interview he equated Croatians with Nazis. The NME reports that the singer faces up to a year in prison and a fine of €45,000 ($61,160) if he’s found guilty.
2. The judge overseeing Detroit’s bankruptcy case ruled today that the city can indeed file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy. According to Al Jazeera, this will allow the city to sell off assets in order to pay down its $18 billion debt.
4. Earlier today we learned that Rita Ora signed on to play Mia Grey in the Fifty Shades of Grey film. Turns out that Marcia Harden jumped on board as well. The Hollywood Reporter writes that she’ll be playing Christian Grey’s adoptive mom, Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey.
5. Pavel Dmitrichenko, the Bolshoi dancer who organized an acid attack on the theater’s artistic director, Sergei Filin, has been found guilty by a Moscow court. The Guardian reports that Dmitrichenko has been sentenced to 6 years in prison. The attack, which took place in January, has robbed Filin of most of his vision.
6.The video for New Zealand pop sensation Lorde’s track, “Team,” dropped today. According to her Facebook page, Lorde says the video was inspired by a spooky dream she had. Check it out below:
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever