Elton John’s Russia Gig ‘On The Verge Of Collapse’
By Alex Panisch
1. The NME reports that Elton John may have to cancel his upcoming performances in Moscow and Kazan because of the country’s laws that ban “gay propaganda.” Russia’s prepared to pull the plug on the shows if officials suspect that he’ll speak out against the laws. Back in September, John told Britain’s The Guardian that he chose to do the gig to show support for Russia’s gay community. At the time of writing, the gigs at Moscow’s Crocus City Hall on the 6th and Kazan on the 7th are still on.
2.Croatians have voted in favor of banning same-sex marriage. According to The Washington Post, 65% of voters in the former Yugoslavian state voted in favor of a constitutional amendment defining marriage as a “matrimony between a man and woman.” While this may seem disheartening, keep in mind that 35% of voters voted against the measure and even the country’s president Ivo Josipovic and its prime minister Zoran Milanovic spoke out against the constitutional amendment. Catholic Chruch leaders urged voters to vote for the amendment. Croatia is 90% Catholic.
3.Life-size Lady Gaga dolls are going to be a thing and that scares the shit out of me. Rolling Stone reports that a Japanese company unveiled the “Gagadoll” yesterday in Tokyo. Apparently if you listen to the Uncanny Valley denizen’s chest, you’ll hear not a heart beat, but music by Gaga. Guess what’s going on top of my “Things I Do Not Want for Christmas” list.
4. Britney obviously loves her gay fans, but Brit Brit should take an Into Queer Studies class or just get a clue. Chris Azzopardi interviewed her for Pride Source and, as it turns out, she was completely unaware that gay men were a tad annoyed when she called her gay fans “adorable and hilarious.” She, of course, was very apologetic, but later in the interview she called her gay fans, from whom she claims to plumb her musical inspiration, “somewhat girls.” Swing and miss there, Brit.
5. Amazon totally wants to start delivering your stuff via flying drones.
6. Brooklyn-based quartet Spirit Animal have debuted the video for their track, “Come to Christmas,” which is nice change of pace from Michael Bublé. Check out the video below:
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula