WATCH: Icona Pop Go All Godard In ‘Just Another Night’ Video
By Alex Panisch
1. Swedish synth-pop songstresses (and my current musical obsession) Icona Pop have released the video for their track, “Just Another Night,” and it’s everything you wanted your semester abroad in Paris to be. There’s love, intrigue, Nouvelle Vague style jump cuts. Check out the video below and prepare to get your Breathless fix.
2. ICYMI Hunger Games heartthrob Josh Hutcherson hosted SNL this weekend with musical guest HAIM. There were certainly some gems in the episode, but the opening monologue, featuring Kate McKinnon as the ever-bubbly Effie Trinket, was certainly as stand out. In other news, the only thing I want for the holidays is a piggyback ride from Cecily Strong.
3. This is a public service announcement: Just because you can get a tattoo, doesn't mean you should. These are permanent and will last your lifetime. If you don’t give them thought, not just the individual tattoos but how they will look in aggregate, you could end up looking like a member of One Direction, and that isn’t a good thing. Let’s make this into a game. Check out this video the band released that shows them working out while shirtless and then take a drink every time you spot a bad tattoo. Warning: Just don’t drive anywhere or operate heavy machinery afterward. Bonus: Whenever you see Harry’s creepy Buffalo Bill—“put the lotion in the basket”—butterfly tattoo, chug your drink.
4. GLAAD has a new president. Sarah Kate Ellis, whom you may know from the famous Time “Kiss” covers, has been named the new CEO and president of GLAAD. She takes the mantle from Dave Montez, who took the job in May, after then-president Hernon Graddick stepped down.
5. According to The Guardian, the Madrid Pride Week is under attack from the city’s own government. The paper reports that last year’s Pride week, the largest in Europe, was slapped with €160,000 ($216,958) worth of fines for “noise violations.” This is the fourth year in a row that the event has been hit with fines.
6.HBO’s built up a powerhouse line up for January. First back-to-back Girls on Jan. 12, then, on the Jan. 19, Looking, starring OUT100 honoree Jonathan Groff, premieres at 10:30 PM. Check out the new, extended trailer below. This also means that you’ve got a month to make friends with somebody with an HBOGO password. Clock’s ticking boys.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'