Student Asks Apple To Change Its Offensive Dictionary Definition Of "Gay"
By Jesse Steinbach
1. Student asks Apple to change its offensive dictionary definition of "gay." 15-year-old Becca Gorman was perusing the dictionary for a school project when she saw that "gay" was defined as "foolish, stupid." Gorman immediately sent a letter to Apple, who reportedly then called her home and promised to look into correcting the definition. As of yet, no change has been made — open up the Apple dictionary and see for yourself.
2. Francis Bacon's triptych sold for $142.4 million dollars at Christie's, breaking the record for most expensive work ever sold at auction. The New York art dealer Acquavella bought the painting on behalf of an anonymous client. Lucky for Christie's! The auction house projected the Bacon would sell for only a meager $85 million…
3. Music legend Tina Turner has relinquished her US citizenship. For the past twenty years, Turner's lived in Switzerland, but has now finally taken an oath of Swiss citizenship. She said she doesn't have any ties to the US, "except for family, and has no plans to reside in the United States in the future."
4. Bravo renews Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen. Looks like we'll see Cohen host the talk show for another two years, though he'll resign his position as Bravo's executive vice president for talent and development, but serve as an executive producer on the Real Housewives shows. We're just happy we'll still get to see the silver fox five nights a week.
5. Obama is a proud Hawaiian! After Hawaii passed legislation in support of marriage equality, the President released a statement in response: "By giving loving gay and lesbian couples the right to marry if they choose, Hawaii exemplifies the values we hold dear as a nation. I’ve always been proud to have been born in Hawaii, and today’s vote makes me even prouder." And we're proud of you, Mr. President.
6. RuPaul talks about his partner of 19 years. The drag icon's always kept his personal life under wraps, but when he appeared on Oprah: Where are They Now? he revealed a bit about the love of his life, a 6'7" rancher stud. Watch it:
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Queer Producers Making Waves In Hollywood
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2
- Body Ready: Performance Grooming With Swimmer Amini Fonua