Chris Colfer And Darren Criss Score People's Choice Nomination For On-Screen Chemistry
By Stacy Lambe
On Tuesday, the People's Choice Awards announced the nominees for the 2014 ceremony, which is scheduled to take place on January 8th. The biggest surprise went to Glee, which snagged eight nominations despite sagging ratings and the recent loss of Cory Monteith.
The show's powerhouse couple, Kurt and Blaine (affectionately known as Klaine), scored big with fans. Chris Colfer and Darren Criss became the only gay couple to earn a spot in the Favorite On-Screen Chemistry category and both actors picked up noms for Favorite Comedic TV Actor. All the categories were determined by fans, who turned to social media to ensure the couple and other queer nominees made it onto the final list of nominees this year.
— Darren Criss (@DarrenCriss) November 5, 2013
In fact, the People Choice's Awards is the gayest yet with a number of nominees going to queer actors and gay-friendly shows. Out actors Colfer, Ellen DeGeneres, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Neil Patrick Harris, Jane Lynch, Ross Mathews, Jim Parsons and Zachary Quinto all picked up nominations for various projects. TV's Comedic Actor category is comprised of four out men and an actor who portrays a gay character. Meanwhile Glee, Orange Is The New Black and True Blood represent the small screen categories.
Check out a full list of nominees here.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World