1. The Moscow Times reports that Onno Elderenbosch, a senior diplomat and number two at the Dutch embassy in Moscow, was attacked in his home by two men in what is believed to be an assault motivated by homophobia. Elderenbosch returned to his apartment building to find that the elevator was not working. After walking to his fourth-floor apartment, he noticed a pair of men dressed as electricians working on a fuse box. They said the power was out in the building and asked to see if the lights were working in his flat. After he let them in, the pair jumped him, ransacked his apartment, and drew a heart piecered by an arrow and the letters “LGBT” in lipstick on his hallway mirror. Elderenbosch only suffered minor injuries. This a week after a Russian diplomat was attacked in the Netherlands.
2. Need to brush up on your vocabulary? Have Tim Gunn help you out. Here’s a supercut of Tim using some $5 words (and plenty of “make it work”).
3. Same-sex marriages in New Jersey will begin taking place on Monday morning. The Advocate reports that the New Jersey Supreme Court has decided not to delay a lower court judge’s order that extended marriage rights to same-sex couples.
4. Boy George is calling for a boycott of Eminem’s “Rap God” single. The single, which is unapologetically replete with anti-gay slurs, is the lead single of his upcoming The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Pink News reports that the Culture Club frontman and gay icon has tweeted at his fans to boycott the upcoming album.
5. Mayor Bloomberg did some real bad drag yesterday and New York Magazine got the pictures.
6. God among men Stephen Fry gives Vitaly Milonov, the author of St. Petersburg’s “gay propaganda” law, the biggest verbal bitch slap since MacBeth called his servant a “cream-faced loon.” It’s from the second part of his BBC2 docu-series, Out There. Watch the rhetorical knockout below: