Soccer Stars Abby Wambach & Sarah Huffman Were Married
By Out.com Editors
Photo: Getty Images
Although two-time Olympic gold medalist Abby Wambach kept quiet about her sexuality for years (although she did reveal all on a 2012 cover of ESPN), she apparently wed her longtime girlfriend, and professional soccer player, Sarah Huffman over the weekendin Hawaii, according to TMZ.
As SheWired noted, Huffman came out quietly this year when she announced she was working with Athlete Ally, an organization that seeks to combat homophobia in sports. “I am excited to be an ally and stand up for people like me in the LGBT community,” she said in a post on the Athlete Ally website in July. She and Wambach have been rumored to be dating for some time, but Wambach has never officially come out, although her Olympic teammate Megan Rapinoe did publicly discuss her sexuality in 2012.
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- WATCH: Chris Lilley Teases New 'Summer Heights High' Spin-Off