Soccer Stars Abby Wambach & Sarah Huffman Were Married
By Out.com Editors
Photo: Getty Images
Although two-time Olympic gold medalist Abby Wambach kept quiet about her sexuality for years (although she did reveal all on a 2012 cover of ESPN), she apparently wed her longtime girlfriend, and professional soccer player, Sarah Huffman over the weekendin Hawaii, according to TMZ.
As SheWired noted, Huffman came out quietly this year when she announced she was working with Athlete Ally, an organization that seeks to combat homophobia in sports. “I am excited to be an ally and stand up for people like me in the LGBT community,” she said in a post on the Athlete Ally website in July. She and Wambach have been rumored to be dating for some time, but Wambach has never officially come out, although her Olympic teammate Megan Rapinoe did publicly discuss her sexuality in 2012.
READER COMMENTS (
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Body Ready: Performance Grooming With Swimmer Amini Fonua
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Power 50
- Check Out Exclusive Animated GIFs of Chris O'Dowd and Nick Frost's Epic Dance-off
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film