Britney Thinks Gays are 'Adorable and Hilarious'
1. Britney Spears means well, but speaks dumb. Asked about her gay following and the gay people who influence her work during a radio interview with San Francisco's 99.7 NOW FM, Britney responded, "A lot of my hair stylists and my beauty team that I work with are gay so I hang out with gays a lot and I just think they're adorable and hilarious." She may be ready to headline her residency in Las Vegas, but is Brit ready to speak without some help?
2. A gay couple was attacked outside a Pittsburgh gay bar. Two men were beaten by a group of men early Sunday morning near the well-known gay bar Remedy on Butler Street in Pittsburgh's Lawrenceville neighborhood, reports TV station KDKA. Ben Stoviak, who was attacked along with his boyfriend, Aaron, said that shortly after they walked out of the bar, three men began yelling antigay slurs as they approached them. “We’re not ashamed of ourselves — and that’s when they ran after us and one of them threw a punch at me, got me on the ground and they started kicking, punching, weren’t stopping, stomping — I have a boot mark on my face,” Stoviak told the TV reporter.
3. Transgender teen crowned homecoming king in New Hampshire. Ray Ramsey, 17, was voted Homecoming King by a “landslide” victory at Concord High School in New Hampshire last weekend, according to the Valley News. Cheers erupted from the crowd as he walked over to his dad, who took him by the shoulders, looked him in the eye, and said: “I am so proud of you.”
4. Accused of journalistic bias, Anderson Cooper defends his integrity on-air. Coop got into a heated exchange with Republican congressman Raul Labrador during an interview on Monday’s episode of Anderson Cooper 360 while discussing the government shutdown. Labrador accused Cooper of being biased against Republicans, to which the journalist responded, “This is the way it works in journalism. When you’re not on Fox News, you get contentious interviews. When you’re not on MSNBC and a liberal, you get contentious interviews. My job is to ask you questions that are different than you think.”
5. Firefighters strip down to their skivvies for a good cause. The Colorado Firefighters Calendar ($20 at the CFC site) raises money each year for burn victims with all proceeds donated to the Children's Hospital of Colorado and the Children's Colorado Burn Camp Program. And it's firefighters in underwear. So don't forget that important detail.
6. Paris Hilton released the video for "Good Time." And we didn't feel good at all.