Matt Smith to Play Patrick Bateman in American Psycho Musical
By Alex Panisch
With Matt Smith’s final appearance as The Doctor rapidly approaching—his last episodes will be the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode in late November and then he will pass the sonic screwdriver to Peter Capaldi in this year’s Christmas Special—we were all wondering what his next role would be; well it looks like his next act will be hacking up hookers to an upbeat score. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Smith will star in the upcoming Rupert Goold directed musical, which will begin performances December 3 and run for a little over a year.
The book for the stage adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis’ modern classic about savagery, superficiality, and excess was written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and will have music and lyrics by Duncan Sheik. While it’s hard to imagine the loveable Matt Smith, who once played Christopher Isherwood in a 2011 BBC 2 adaptation of Christopher and His Kind (which had some great gay sex scenes in it by the way), playing such a deranged and detestable character, the prospect is never the less exciting. That whimpering sound you’re hearing? That’s 8 million fan girls weeping over their slash fiction Tumblrs.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Who Cares About Islan Nettles?
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath