WATCH: Tim Gunn Talks About Coming Out
By Jesse Steinbach
Tim Gunn has remained refreshingly frank about his personal despite even as his fame has increased over the years. Previously he revealed he'd been celibate for 29 years. Now the Project Runway guru (and Out100 honoree), who is openly gay, told Larry King he never came out to his parents.
"It was a very different time and a very different era. When I was growing up…I knew who I wasn't, but I didn't know who I was, I really didn't. I had a lot of fears about being gay and what that mean ... I already presented my family with a lot of disappointments and I didn't feel that I wanted to present them with yet this."
Gunn thinks his mother eventually figured out his sexuality, but he was never able to speak with his father who died much earlier. "We never once talked about it," Gunn said.
Watch the moving interview below:
[H/T Huffington Post]
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- 10 Gayest Moments in 6 Episodes of 'Teen Wolf'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Dave Franco: 'You've Literally Seen Me Have Sex With Myself'