Ian McKellen Officiated at Patrick Stewart's Wedding
By Jerry Portwood
Photo courtesy of Patrick Stewart via NYMag
No, this is not the long-awaited marriage between Magneto and Professor Xavier. Patrick Stewart was married earlier this month in a beautiful ceremony on the banks of Lake Tahoe in Nevada, near where wife Sunny Ozell grew up. And yes, it turns out the ENTIRE core cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation was in attendance. We hadn't seen or heard much of the details but luckily Sally Kohn at New York magazine was able to pry a cute pic from Stewart, in which Ian McKellen officiated, wearing a gray three-piece suit (we were gagging over the cuteness of Stewart and Ian McKellen with their arms wrapped around a Times Square Elmo, but this is TOO much!).
"The water was lapping almost against our feet,” Stewart told the magazine. “Our photographer took a tumble, and literally if he’d been standing on the other side of us, he would have ended up in the lake.”
“His remarks were not only full of wisdom and humor and poetry but knowledge of the two of us,” Stewart said. But it seems the party was a fun one, with Stewart confirming, "We were all properly drunk."
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Third Annual 100 Most Eligible Bachelors