Twerk it Till You've Worked It
By John Hutt
Twerking has been all over the mediaverse recently (for a guide on how to do it check this out), thanks to Miley Cyrus. Now Big Freedia, the Queen Diva, is taking it to the next level, as usual, kicking it up to the highest notch possible. With her Fuse show getting ready to premiere, she's going for the record of most twerkers working it, doing their thing and generally shaking their shit at Herald Square at noon.
And contrary to what Jeff Greenstein thinks, 'twerk' does not come from the german 'gesamtkunstwerk' meaning the fusion of all arts into a single medium of dramatic expression. Twerk comes from NOLA, and only NOLA.
Just be careful: These large twerking events are known to attract various types, the most obnoxious of which are the handsy guys who come to watch girls shake their asses. So let's get out in force and keep it queer, keep it safe—and keep it real.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever