Bummer! Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Split Up
By Matthew Breen
The strain may have been too much in recent years. The May/December couple (er, August/November?) have endured his near-fatal battle with throat cancer, her two stints in a psychiatric facility to manager her bipolar disorder, and his son’s incarceration for drug convictions. People reported that though Michael Douglas, 68, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, 43, are not filing for divorce, they haven’t been seen together for many months, vacationing and doing media appearances separately. A source said they’re “taking a break.”
Their 2000 wedding was a lavish affair at Manhattan’s Plaza Hotel, and could only be matched as a spectacle by Douglas’s performance as Liberace in Behind the Candelabra.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Performance Artist Bojana Radulovic Discusses Air Doll, Bergman & the Will to Live
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS