Madonna's the Highest-Paid Celebrity
By Jesse Steinbach
According to Forbes, Madonna stays on top even though her last album, MDNA, sold fewer than 1 million copies. Still, fans paid more than $100 per ticket to see the Material Girl in concert.
"They went to hear hits like 'Vogue,' 'Like a Virgin' and 'Lucky Star.' The tour grossed $305 million and earned her the Top Touring Award at the Billboard Music Awards. Add to that strong merchandise sales, a clothing line, fragrance and investments in companies like Vita Coco and Madonna tops our list of the Highest Earning Celebrities. We estimate the pop star brought in $125 million between June 2012 and June 2013."
Madonna's making more money now than ever before. "The closest she came to $125 million was in 2009 when she earned $110 million."
55 years old and going strong, Madonna's success since the '80s is testament to her continual influence on pop music and a devoted fan base.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Gay Travel & Nightlife - Food, Drink & City Guides
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series