Out In Mexico: An NPH Cameo
By Andrew Belonsky
The Out team stayed at the W Hotel our first few nights in Mexico City. That hotel is in Polanco, an upscale neighborhood slightly west of the capital city's center, and it was there, after strolling through the nearby Lincoln Park, with its bird sanctuary and reflecting pools, and rambling down roads named after famous, mostly European authors and thinkers — Oscar Wilde, Ibsen, and Tennyson, for example — and past outdoor cafes both ritzy and casual, that I saw Neil Patrick Harris smiling on the cover of Polanquito, Polanco's local magazine.
The quote, in case you can't read sideways or don't know NPH's How I Met Your Mother catchphrase, reads, "When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead." That's advice that's sound in any language, though I'm happy it was in English porque hablo mal espanol.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan