Out In Mexico: An NPH Cameo
By Andrew Belonsky
The Out team stayed at the W Hotel our first few nights in Mexico City. That hotel is in Polanco, an upscale neighborhood slightly west of the capital city's center, and it was there, after strolling through the nearby Lincoln Park, with its bird sanctuary and reflecting pools, and rambling down roads named after famous, mostly European authors and thinkers — Oscar Wilde, Ibsen, and Tennyson, for example — and past outdoor cafes both ritzy and casual, that I saw Neil Patrick Harris smiling on the cover of Polanquito, Polanco's local magazine.
The quote, in case you can't read sideways or don't know NPH's How I Met Your Mother catchphrase, reads, "When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead." That's advice that's sound in any language, though I'm happy it was in English porque hablo mal espanol.
- Beyoncé Liberated
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The 8th Annual Power 50