10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
By Stacy Lambe
Jamie Clayton, Actress
Clayton first moved to New York City to be a makeup artist, which eventually led her to co-hosting gig on the VH1 reality series, TRANSform Me, with Laverne Cox. She followed up that show with a role as a trans woman on HBO's Hung and a starring role on the Emmy Award winning webseries, Dirty Work.
Laverne Cox, Actress
While OITNB is Cox's most prominent role, she's been on television for half a decade. In 2010, she hosted TRANSform Me, which provided women with personal and physical makeovers. During that show, Cox became the first African-American trans woman to produce and star in her own series.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Daily Crush: #MyCalvins, Best Hashtag Ever
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower