10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
By Stacy Lambe
Carmen Carrera, Reality Star/Burlesque Performer
Each season, it's always dramatically revealed that one contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race is a transgender woman. Since appearing on the show, Carrera has become something of a fashion icon thanks to several spreads in W magazine. Her most recent shoot, was revealing look of Carrera as a burlesque performer, which she does alongside her drag performances - making room for women in drag.
Candis Cayne, Actress
Before Cox, there was Cayne, who portrayed the first recurring transgender character in prime time. Her role on Dirty Sexy Money saw her romancing New York Attorney General Patrick Darling played by William Baldwin. The character was one the first positive portrayals of transgender people on television.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary