Richard Simmons' Hair Style Makes a Statement
By John Hutt
Richard Simmons' new video is camp as they come. The video, inspired by 8bit video games, is like Master Blaster with rainbows meets Mario 2 where you have to play as Cher.
A pixelated Simmons dashes through the levels dodging scissors (that would presumably ruin his do), and grabbing power ups, like mirrors and fro-picks and bouncing from one stage to the next. If you've ever played Mario Kart – think Rainbow Road with a fab mission; “get something cute, get something girly.”
But Simmons' song also touches on a message. “Get something that will get you in trouble” is a great reminder to get out there and be queer and fabulous in everyday life, no reason to hide.
Watch it below:
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem