Richard Simmons' Hair Style Makes a Statement
By John Hutt
Richard Simmons' new video is camp as they come. The video, inspired by 8bit video games, is like Master Blaster with rainbows meets Mario 2 where you have to play as Cher.
A pixelated Simmons dashes through the levels dodging scissors (that would presumably ruin his do), and grabbing power ups, like mirrors and fro-picks and bouncing from one stage to the next. If you've ever played Mario Kart – think Rainbow Road with a fab mission; “get something cute, get something girly.”
But Simmons' song also touches on a message. “Get something that will get you in trouble” is a great reminder to get out there and be queer and fabulous in everyday life, no reason to hide.
Watch it below:
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models