Maral Noshad Sharifi, Author Of 'The Men Who Want Aids,' Goes On HuffPost Live
By Out.com Editors
Maral Noshad Sharifi, the author of the provocative story, "The Men Who Want Aids-and How It Improved Their Lives," joins Ricky Camilleri on HuffPost Live to discuss how she came across these men who are trying to contract the disease as a way to get out of trouble. In the article, Sharifi uncovers how they are able to access benefits and better living conditions with a HIV positive diagnosis.
Kate Barnhart, Director of New Alternatives, and Johnny Guaylupo, the Programming Coordinator for Housing Works, provide a perspective from the homeless community that turns to their non-profits for assistance.
Watch the full segment here.
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team