Help Fund 'Tip-Toe Past the Witch'
By Out.com Editors
We've seen plenty of strange projects on Kickstarter that bend the boundaries of believability, but this may be the coolest, weirdest, and most-anticipated for its trippy queerness.
The man behind it, Kimba Anderson, describes Tip-Toe Past the Witch as "Dark Alice in Wonderland" that will be "a 45-minute story that will slice nicely into nine cliff-hanging, 5-minute Webisodes. Inspired by Sid and Marty Krofft and the movies of Ray Harryhausen, the series digs deeper, beyond the horror genre. It’s about kids working together to discover their own power and learning that their family is their greatest strength."
One of the coolest things is that the Witch, and ultimately the star of the web series, is played by Rumi Missabu, an original member of the Cockettes (watch the trailer below). Turns out Rumi currently performs stage work at the Hypnodrome in San Francisco and is known in some circles as drag royalty. As you will see from the trailer, she gives an extraordinary macabre performance as the Swamp Witch.
The Kickstarter campaign only has 14 days to go, and we really hope it gets made. Check out the teaser below:
If you're not familiar with The Cockettes, the iconic San Francisco troupe of drag performers that have influenced generations, watch the trailer for the documentary below:
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower