Calvin Klein Ex, Nick Gruber, Rejects Gay Label
1. In a lengthy and informative New York magazine profile, Nick Gruber, known best for his relationship with Calvin Klein, pulls an André Leon Talley and says he's not gay. "I’m not gay, but I don’t believe in labels, I believe in love," he said during a response to what it was like training as a water treatment specialist at an army base in Fort Riley, Kansas.
2. The International Olympic Committee is prohibiting athletes from showing gay pride during the upcoming Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, where any kind of pro-gay statement is illegal. According to the IOC, LGBT pride constitutes a "political statement. "The Olympic Games are not a place for proactive political or religious demonstration,” they said.
3. Meanwhile, FIFA, the international governing body for professional soccer, is calling on Russia to spell out its anti-gay laws ahead of the 2018 World Cup in a Russia.
4. It's been ten year since Russian musical duo t.A.T.u released their lesbian love song "All the Things She Said."
5. Will Forte, the SNL comedian who played cross-dressing Paul L'Astnamé on 30 Rock, says that he and Jason Bateman really got into their kissing scene for the new Mumford and Son music video. "When it comes to kissing, we are real perfectionists, Jason and I, so we really wanted to get it just right," he told Vulture. "We tried every style."
6. Ryan Landry and his merry Gold Dust Orphan theater troupe, a staple in the Provincetown scene, are hoping to bring their noir musical Mildred Fierce to New York City. But they need your help to make it work and have set up a Kickstarter page to help raise the needed funds. They have less than a month left, so if you're interested, head on over. Mildred Fierce actress Varla Jean Merman (aka Jeffrey Roberson) tells you a bit more about the show in this video.