WATCH: Joe Scarborough and 'The Gay Look'
By Andrew Belonsky
This is an interesting experiment: What happens when a former GOP Congressman who now has an MSNBC show agrees with a noted liberal comedian that his pink pants constitute a "gay look"?
Keep in mind, the erstwhile politico, in this case Joe Scarborough, himself didn't describe the hue as "gay." It was the liberal The View co-host Joy Behar. Will liberals react angrily? If so, at whom?
We already know conservatives are trying to turn this on Scarborough: Greg Hengler from Town Hall, an adamantly conservative outpost crawling with people who loathe Scarborough for his occasional rationality and moderation, has already run a story entitled "Joe Scarborough on 'View': I Like A Gay Look." Will liberals follow suit? Let's not forget, New York City mayoral candidate (is it former by now?) also had his red/pink pants labeled gay (mainly by gay men) when at the city's Pride Parade last month, so this is becoming a trend.
Scarborough has made questionable comments about gays in the past, so this may reignite simmering acrimony. Or will the left chide vocal LGBT ally Behar? Or will cooler heads prevail, making this a non-event? Something tells me that final scenario is the least likely.
Let this video be your source material and watch as the Internet tries to make sense of a scene that challenges stereotypes about masculinity and political allegiance.
READER COMMENTS (
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!