Pics From New Season of Downton Abbey
By Matthew Breen
While Americans will have to wait until early 2014 to (legally) watch the new season of Downton Abbey, the season will be premiering in Britain in September.
The costume drama was heavy on the drama at the end of last season with the death of the heir to the estate, Matthew Crawley (played by Dan Stevens), just after his wife, Lady Mary Crawley (played by Emmy nominee Michelle Dockery), gave birth to their child. Mary’s younger sister Lady Sybil (Jessica Brown Findlay) had died in childbirth leaving her husband Tom Branson (played by Allen Leech), also a single parent.
Actress Daisy Lewis has been cast as the governess to Branson’s daughter Sybil, and love interest to widower Tom.
Brendan Coyle, actor who plays John Bates, valet to the lord of the manor, says it’s the best season yet, and had some words of praise for actress Shirley MacLaine: "She had to adjust to the way we film over here. She was like, 'It's pissing down, and you're still filming?' But she adjusted to it beautifully. She's a great crack.
"She's great, and she's seen it all,” Coyle continued. “There's no airs and graces or front. She's able to laugh off the things written about her. When she's asked about the things said about her and Maggie Smith, she says, 'Well we were lovers in a previous life'. She's canny."
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off