Kate Middleton’s Had A Boy
By Alex Panisch
1. Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, went into labor today at London’s St. Mary’s Hospital. The Associated Press reported that Kate’s given birth to a boy. The lad will be third in line for the throne after his grandfather, Prince Charles, and his father, Prince William.
2. Adele, Annie Lennox, Joan Baez, and over 100 other musicians have signed an open letter calling for Pussy Riot’s release. You can read the whole letter, organized by Amnesty International, here on the NME.
3. The Westboro Baptist Church is protesting One Direction. The wingnuts protested a 1D concert in Missouri on Friday. They've called the boyband representations of the "sin-chasing, fag-enabling, God-hating, Christ-rejecting" United Kingdom. Harry Styles was unfazed by the sad group of biggots, tweeting, "Despite the company outside, I believe in equal rights for everyone. I think God loves all. Thanks for coming to the show though."
4. Dutch tourists have been arrested in Russia for violating its "gay propaganda" ban. The four Dutch filmmakers are the first foreign tourists to be arrested for violating the ban. Gay Star News reports that the group were making a documentary about gay rights in Russia. Latest reports say that the four have been released due to an "administrative error."
5. You can get throat cancer from going down on someone. The HPV vaccine, which protects women against cervical cancer, has been shown to also protect them from throat cancer. The New York Times reports that while there is no hard evidence that men will get the same protection, the study's lead author Dr. Rolando Herrero said that men would "probably" receive the same amount of protection.
6. Speaking of One Direction, their video for "Best Song Ever" premiered today and it's pretty gay. It features Zayn Malik in drag, Harry Styles as a marketing guy who could play for either team, and Liam plays a very gay choreographer who is, let's face it, a minstrel character. Is it offensive, is it even good? See for yourself: