Today in Hillary Clinton
By Matthew Breen
While not exactly a shocker to hear that yet another person thinks that Hillary Clinton will make a run for the Oval Office in 2016, we’ve got a good, reliable Washington Insider—from the Obama administration—saying that she’ll be the pick if she does decide to run. David Axlerod, a Democratic strategist and former White House advisor was on President Barack Obama’s campaign team in 2008, the team that helped defeat Clinton for the nomination.
“I think that Hillary Clinton probably will be the candidate,” Axelrod said Friday on MSNBC.
If she does run, that is. “If she doesn’t run, I think [Vice President Joe] Biden will run,” Axelrod added, of the Veep.
Axlerod said in May that the esteem with which Clinton is held in the Democratic Party makes her a prime target for Republicans who’d like to see her discredited years ahead of any declared race. He pointed to the “Benghazi flare-up” as an attempt to discourage Clinton from running for president.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models