Cory Monteith Cause Of Death Determined
By Andrew Belonsky
A "mixed drug toxicity" of heroin and alcohol killed 31-year old actor Cory Monteith, the British Columbia Coroner said today. And it appears to have been a complete accident.
"At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," the coroner said. Monteith, who rose to fame on Fox's Glee, had previously opened up about his struggles with addiction, but friends said he seemed set on staying sober after a stint at rehab last spring.
People magazine reports that Monteith had dinner with his manager on Thursday and then was seen leaving the hotel Friday night with three unidentified friends. Monteith returned to his room shortly after 2:00am and was found by a cleaning woman on Saturday afternoon.
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film