Amanda Palmer Bares All (Again)
By Jerry Portwood
Photo by M. Sharkey for Out
It's not secret that Amanda Palmer likes to get attention (including a controversial TED talk). And she has no problem showing her body (just take our Out100 shoot at left as an example). But the Daily Mail doesn't seem to be much of a fan of these theatrical antics, and when the UK tabloid covered her performance at Glastonbury last year, it focused on her nipple non-concealment over any discussion of her actual singing.
So while performing at the Roundhouse in London on Friday, July 12, Palmer fired her return salvo, striking down the Mail's misogyny with a poignant, hilarious waltz titled "Dear Daily Mail." It's a snarky send-up that Palmer completed by ridding herself of her kimono, revealing her naked self after asking her fans to record and share the experience.
As Jeff Jarvis reported for the Guardian, Imogen Heap, Bianca Jagger, and Emma Freud had all spread the video via Twitter. Well, we know Palmer, who has a sizable Twitter following herself, understands the value of sharing. And as Jarvis, who is a go-to messiah for the future of media in the Internet age, confesses: "Amanda Palmer is my heroine of the post-media age, my model of transparency, and a damned fine ukulele player, too."
Watch it below:
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack