WATCH: Edie Windsor Tell Her Story
By Out.com Editors
We've told you Edie Windsor's story of how she met Thea Spyer before, but we can never get enough of this lady. In a new video interview for Olivia Travel, a lesbian cruise line, Windsor talks about how old she was when she first realized she was gay, how she managed to come out, what her love for Thea Spyer, her spouse of four decades, looked like, and how the LGBT community achieved some of the landmark victories we've seen recently.
"Once we, the whole community," began to come out and be visible, it started to move much more rapidly," Windsor says of the recent advances in LGBT equality. "When people discovered that their children, or their cousins, or their brother, or you know, their husband, were gay. So I think the way that it accelerated in the last five years has been glorious."
Watch the video below:
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way