WATCH: Remembering Stonewall
By Jerry Portwood
"It's the Stonewall riots that became the symbolic riots which inaugurated what we call the modern gay rights movement," says Martin Duberman, the author of Stonewall, now available as an ebook.
On June 28, 1969 a police raid at The Stonewall Inn sparked a riot of resistance among the gay community of New York City. The rioting and demonstrating would continue for several days and its impact would carry on far after that, giving rise to a gay rights revolution.
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Born Naked: RuPaul's New Album Will Make You Werk!