Watch: Anthony Weiner On Christine Quinn, DOMA
By Out.com Editors
1. Famously anti-gay Chick-fil-A executive Dan Cathy deleted a hateful tweet lamenting the Supreme Court's pro-equality decisions yesterday. "Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies," said Cathy in a message soon removed. A company spokesman said Cathy "realized his views didn't necessarily represent the views of all customers, restaurant owners and employees and didn't want to distract them from providing a great restaurant experience." Meanwhile, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence defended removing pro-equality messages from his Facebook feed because he says they threatened personal attack.
2. Elderly Evangelical leader Pat Robertson wonders whether Anthony Kennedy, the Supreme Court Justice who wrote the decision striking down DOMA, has clerks who "happen to be gay."
3. Republicans are going to have a mighty hard time working anti-gay rhetoric into their platforms.
4. Gay Pennsylvania State Rep. Brian Sims will soon introduce a bill to legalize same-sex marriage there.
6. Here TV's Jim Morrison caught up with former congressman and current NYC mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner at the equality rally at Stonewall last night. Watch as Weiner, a long-time equality advocate, explains why voters should back him over out opponent Christine Quinn, another long-time equality advocate.