'Bitchy Gay' Neil Tennant Turned Down 'Idol'
By Out.com Editors
1. Pet Shop Boy Neil Tennant says he turned down a potential gig judging American Idol. "I think they wanted a bitchy gay Englishman, and I think someone said, 'Get that guy from the Pet Shop Boys'. Well that's what I assume," he said before explaining he couldn't reconcile the music competition with his previous work. "My issue, as much as anything else, was that I don't think it's possible to be 'Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys' and 'Neil Tennant, American Idol judge'."
2. The National Cathedral in Washington DC will hold a special LGBT service tomorrow to coincide with the Supreme Court's marriage equality decisions.
3. Tessa Bitterman, the 22 year-old lesbian daughter of New Jersey Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Barbara Buono, penned a letter to her mother's supporters in which she lambasted current NJ Gov. Chris Christie for vetoing marriage equality for political gain. "As governor, he has been a giant roadblock to New Jersey achieving equality for all," Bitterman wrote.
4. Don't call it a reunion: the activists from pioneering AIDS group ACT-UP got together for a pow-wow 25 years after their founding. Out contributor Tim Murphy wrote about it for New York magazine.
5. Meanwhile, Out favorite Courtney Love sums up her fan base in Rolling Stone: "That's my demographic –- smart guys that are hetero, a lot of gay guys, a lot of disaffected girls and some women that were like, 'I grew up on you.'"
6. The Weeknd has a new video for his track "Kiss Land."