1. If you can only watch one evisceration of anti-gay activists's "victimhood" fantasies, make sure it's this one of The Daily Show's Samantha Bee expertly breaking down and then blasting apart bigoted right wing yarns.
2. Sadly, the real world impact of such anti-gay thinking is anti-gay hate and sometimes crime, as when Elliot Morales allegedly shot Mark Carson. Though Morales officially pleaded not guilty to seven counts today, including murder in the second degree as a hate crime, police say he boasted about killing Carson back in May. "Guy thought he was tough in front of his bitch, so I shot him. Diagnosis is dead, doctor,” Morales said, according to arresting officers.
3. On a happier note, Greg Louganis and boyfriend Johnny Chaillot are engaged to be married. "I finally met my soul mate – the more I fall in love with Johnny, the more I fall in love with myself. This is what the universe had in store for both of us," Olympic diver Louganis told People. In other Louganis news, the 53-year old is one of the first inductees into the National Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame.
4. Vonceil Jones Hill, a Dallas City Councilwoman who dislikes gay people so much that she refused to sign an LGBT pride proclamation, is now complaining that an HIV-prevention billboard featuring two gay African-American men "present[s] African American men who are homosexuals as acceptable." This is Dallas struggles with the highest infection rates in the state.
5. Russian lawmakers again approved a bill banning foreign gay couples from adopting Russian orphans. The bill will also regulate foreigners from countries where same-sex marriage is legal, even if the parent in question is single. It will now be read a third time and will most likely pass into law.
6. On a related note, Russian gay activists are calling on a worldwide boycott of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi because of Russia's increasingly bigoted laws.