Who's Your Favorite Gay Comic Book Couple?
By Out.com Editors
In honor of gay pride month, Geeks OUT, a group dedicated to all things both queer and geeky, is hosting an open ballot for The Capies, an awards ceremony for the best and worst in comic book culture. Among the categories are Best Couple, strongest female character and, for skin's sake, best human pecs in a superhero movie, all of which answer important questions. Does Chris Pine have a better chest than Chris Hemsworth? Or does Chris Evans really have the best set? Which Chris will be victorious?! Also, should Batwoman and her cop girlfriend automatically win best couple because they were just engaged? And can couples from different realities really compete with one another, like gay Hercules and Wolverine are doing here?
All will be revealed next Wednesday, June 26th when winners are announced at Geek OUT's "Justice for All" pride party at the New York City bar Pranna. While Wolverine and Hercules are otherwise engaged in a different universe, but real-life hero and comic book creator and writer Phil Jimenez will be on honored for his long-time commitment to LGBT inclusion comics. Here's video of Jimenez discussing that very topic, for the lovers of nerdery.
- Beyoncé Liberated
- EXCLUSIVE: Matt Bomer Explains How The Normal Heart Changed His Life
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- LISTEN: Britney Spears and Sia Do Acoustic "Passenger"
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'