Watch: Michelle Obama Shuts Down Lesbian Activist
By Alex Panisch
The story of the confrontation between an activist from GetEQUAL and Michelle Obama has blown up on line and now a video of the exchange has popped up on CNN. Activist Ellen Sturtz interrupted the first lady during a fundraising speech, asking her to get her husband to sign a federal employment non-discrimination order that would prevent companies that work with the federal government from discriminating against sexuality or gender identity. Sturtz makes a fair and valid point, but Michelle was having none of it.
The FLOTUS thought this was neither the time or the place to bring up the issue and, with the crowd on her side, lays out the GetEQUAL activist, "Listen to me or you can take the mic, but I’m leaving.” You all decide. You have one choice.” Sturtz was escorted from the premises and Mrs. Obama finished her speech. Was the activist in the right or out of line? What’s worse, interrupting the FLOTUS or slapping Beyoncé’s bum?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection