Gay Priest Comes Out
By Out.com Editors
1. In 2011 an anonymous author published a book called Hidden Voices: Reflections of a Gay, Catholic Priest. The author, then anonymous, was still a man of the cloth. Now we know that the man behind the book is Father Gary Meier of St. Louis. "I have tried over the years to reconcile my silence as a gay priest with that of the Church's increasingly anti-gay stance. I have been unsuccessful," he writes in the book's new forward. Though he'd like to remain with the church, Meier knows that's unlikely.
2. In addition to becoming more involved with the Clinton Global Initiative, former First Daughter Chelsea Clinton says she plans on continuing to fight for marriage equality both here in the States and overseas.
3. Over 600 people are expected to attend when Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau become the first same-sex couple to marry in France tomorrow. Many of those people are members of the media party.
4. Ed FitzGerald, an Ohio Democrat running against anti-equality Republican Gov. John Kasich in the 2014 election, says he supports marriage equality.
5. Activist Eugene Lovendusky became latest gay person to be attacked in New York City Saturday night.
6. Bill Nye, Kevin Smith and others wonder how Superman shaves. Here's the Science Guy, Bill Nye, explaining why he thinks what he does, even though everyone knows Superman uses his laser eyebeam to shave:
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Wallflowers: A Web Series For Singles